Woodrow Wilson Center is a world-class Institute offers its Post Doc scholarship program Open to scholars from Japan , to equip with the most recognized, innovative courses and practices within the discipline. Wilson Center Japan Scholar Program, 2017 will be awarded to the hardworking, talented and deserving students from the selected country/countries. This educational award welcomes students to get themselves enroll in listed Post Doc program for the academic year of 2019-2020 and earn a Full Funding, Fellows will recieve a monthly stipend, transportation and health insurance scholarship in USA . The deadline to avail this scholarship has not finalized yet but make sure to check the program website if any latest development in this matter has been made.
The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars is offering scholarships to scholars from Japan.
- The candidates applying for Wilson Center Japan Scholar Program, 2017 should be citizens or permanent residents of Japan.
- The applicant’s profession should be in the fields of academia, business, journalism, government, law and related fields.
- The candidates should be pursuing research on key public policy issues facing Japan, including U.S.-Japanese relations and East Asian political, security, and economic issues.
- The applicants should have a terminal degree (usually Ph.D.) in their field.
- The candidates should have 8 years of professional or research experience.
- The applicants should have a valid passport and J-1 visa and health insurance.
- The candidates should be fluent in English.
- The applicants who have published scholarly books in academic or policy-related journals are given preference.
- The applicants for Wilson Center Japan Scholar Program, 2017 are assessed based on the quality of the research proposal and its significance, originality, and importance.
- The candidates are also evaluated on the basis of their achievements and capabilities.
- The applicants will also be evaluated on the basis of the relevance of the project to Japan’s policy issues.
- The candidates applying for Wilson Center Japan Scholar Program, 2017 can apply anytime although preferred times for starting an appointment are the beginning of January, June, or September.
- The applicants should mention the time period for their appointment and should submit the documents at least 6 months (8-9 months is preferable) prior to the time they intend to take up residence at the Center.
- The candidates should submit a curriculum vitae, two recommendation letters, and detailed research topic discussing its originality, approaches, and importance in 3-5 pages.
Value of the scholarship
The recipients get a monthly stipend, partial transportation, and health insurance expenses, and office or library carrel space.