Oasis scholarship 2020 is an Indian scholarship for the pre matriculation students, ST, SC and OBC which belong to a backward class. Oasis scholarship was inaugurated by Backward Classes Welfare department of the government of West Bengal. The main objective of oasis scholarship is to help the poor students and their families by giving free education to the deserving students so they can have a better future. Oasis scholarship is divided into 2 categories;
- Post-Matriculation Scholarships
- Pre-Matriculation Scholarships.
Students from 9th grade to post graduate students can apply for the oasis scholarship. The oasis scholarship is rather easy to apply for as it is totally online based.
A large number of students have been benefitted by the oasis scholarship since the start of it. Students who received the oasis scholarships are studying now in the world’s most prestigious institutions like MIT, Harvard and Oxford and in different big countries like Australia, UK and France among the others.
If you are a resident of West Bengal, this might be the biggest opportunity for you by the Higher Education Board to continue your education free of cost as the oasis scholarship has blessed a lot of deserving students with opportunities.
Purpose of the Oasis Scholarship for West Bengal Students:
The basic purpose of the oasis scholarship is to provide financial assistance to the students and their poor families so they can continue their pre or post matriculation studies without any hassle.
The oasis scholarship 2020 is all set to remove the burden of fees from the shoulders of west Bengali students. According to the West Bengali scholarship 2020, only those students whose family income falls below Rs.2 lac annually by all means are the ones who below poverty lines.
About Oasis Scholarship Portal:
The portal of the oasis scholarship belongs to the government of West Bengal. The application process is done through the online portal and the portal offers a lot of scholarships to the Other Backward Castes, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribe candidates. Students can select any scholarship in which they want to apply.
The oasis scholarship is only available to the students who possess a domicile of the west Bengal government. However, the platform is also available to check the scholarship status of students.
Eligibility Criteria for Oasis Scholarship-2020 for Students of West Bengal:
The oasis scholarship is available to the students of 9th grade to the students of post graduate studies. There are a few eligibility conditions set by the West Bengal Backward Classes Welfare Department, which are the following. Interested candidates can apply for the scholarship if they are eligible
- Under the oasis scholarship for west Bengal students, only one student from a family can apply for online scholarship.
- The applicant who has secured at least 50% marks in the previous/final class will be eligible for the oasis scholarship only.
- The applicant’s family income should not exceed Rs 2 lakh (from all sources), annually.
- Under the oasis scholarship, 30% of the scholarships are reserved for girls. The remaining scholarships will be given to the boys if the seats are remaining from the reservation made for girls.
- Students can apply under the oasis scholarship only if they attend a regular school/college.
Pre Matric Scholarship:
- Only students studying in class 9 or 10 will be eligible to apply in pre-matric scholarship.
- To apply for the oasis scholarship, a student must have an SC / ST certificate.
SC / ST Post Matric Scholarship:
- Applicants can apply for post-matric scholarship only after passing 10th standard.
- Only those students who are studying in any government or government-funded educational institute can apply for oasis scholarship.
OBC Post Matric Scholarship:
- The students can apply for this only after passing the 10th standard.
- Only those students who are studying in a government or government-funded educational institution can apply for oasis scholarship.
- The applicant is required to submit the OBC certificate along with the application form.
Documents Required for Oasis Scholarships 2020:
In order to apply for the oasis scholarship 2020, the applicants are required to submit the following documents with their application form. Some of these documents are used for renewal and also for tracking your application. Some of these documents are also needed at different offices where your application is needed to be submitted
- Aadhaar Card
- Annual Income Certificate
- Bank Passbook
- Cast Certificate
- Canceled Check of Student Account
- Domicile Certificate
- Fee Receipt
- Latest Mark sheet
- Study Certificate from College
How to apply for oasis scholarship 2020:
The students from west Bengal who are currently studying in 9th, 10th, HS, UG, PG, Engineering, Medical, LLB can and who meet the income eligibility conditions can submit an online application for this scheme through OASIS West Bengal Scholarship Portal. Following is the process to apply
- Login to the official website of the oasis scholarship
- Click on ‘Track your application’ option on the webpage
- Select the region of your educational institution from the drop-down menu.
- Enter required details like application id/region etc. and click ‘submit’.
- Status of application shall be displayed after the submission.
West Bengal OASIS Scholarship 2020 Amount:
Students who want to apply for WBCHS or OASIS Scholarship in West Bengal will be provided monthly / yearly financial assistance by the State Government. Under the oasis scholarship, students will get a scholarship amount as following
SC / ST Pre-Matric Scholarship:
- Day scholars will receive Rs.150 per month (for 10 months) and Rs.750 per month Adhoc grant
- Hostel students will receive Rs.750 per month (for 10 months) and Rs.1000 per month Adhoc grant
SC / ST Post-Matric Scholarship:
- For general courses up to undergraduate classes, Rs.750 per month for hostels and Rs.300 per month for day scholars would be given.
- B. Pharma / B.Sc Nursing / LLB / Hotel Management / Post Graduation, would be given Rs.820 per month for hostels and Rs.335 per month for day scholars
- Medical / B.Sc Engineering / M.Phil / Ph.D / LLM, would be granted Rs.1200 per month for hostels and Rs.550 per month for day scholars.
- Class 11 & 12 / Intermediate / ITI / Polytechnic Courses, would be granted Rs.750 per month for hostels and Rs.230 per day for scholars
OBC Post-Matric Scholarship:
- For general courses up to undergraduate classes, students would be granted Rs.400 per month for hostels and Rs.210 per month for day scholars
- B. Pharm / B.Sc Nursing / LLB / Hotel Management / Post Graduation – Rs 510 per month for hostels and Rs 335 per month for day scholars
- Medical / B.Sc Engineering / M.Phil / PhD / LLM, would be granted Rs.750 per month for hostels and Rs.350 per month for day scholars
- Class 11 and 12 / Intermediate / ITI / Polytechnic Courses, students would be granted Rs.260 per month for hostels and Rs.160 per day for scholars
Deadline for OASIS Scholarship 2020:
The last date for students to apply for the Oasis Scholarship is 2nd December 2020 as can be found from the announcements on the homepage of the website.
- Application Start Date – June 2020 (every year)
- Last date of Application – December 2020 (every year)