The University of Exeter is seeking well-deserving candidates for its ICASE PhD Studentship from the UK and EU. The funding organization is EPSRC Industrial Cooperative Awards in Science & Technology (CASE) scheme, via a grant awarded to DSTL.
The motive of this educational opportunity is to adopt research. while training scientists and engineers.
The University of Exeter includes 6 colleges with undergraduate, postgraduate, masters and research-level degree programs. It offers courses of science, humanities and social sciences.
Why Should You Study at University of Exeter?
The University of Exeter has top-class facilities with an environment encourage people who are in the pursuit of academic excellence. They will have opportunities to learn in a professional environment, led by industrial experts.
Following are the eligibility criteria for ICASE PhD Studentships in UK, 2020
- Motivation to hone research skills
- have an undergrad degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 2:1
- Ability to work collectively in a diverse environment
Students can avail this opportunity in the following field:
- Acoustic and Fluid-dynamical Metamaterials,
- Biological and Bio-inspired Metamaterials,
- Graphene and other 2D Materials, and Related Devices,
- Magnonics, Spintronics, and Magnetic
- Metamaterials, Microwave Metamaterials, Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites, Optical, Infra-red, and THz Photonics and Plasmonics,
- Quantum Metamaterials, Wave Theory, and Spatial Transformations.
Procedure to Apply:
Applications of all candidates are submitted to the Meta-materials program for a PhD in Physics/Engineering. Candidates are required to send their application with all the items listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Degree transcript(s) giving information about the qualification awarded
- The modules are taken during the study period
- Marks for each module taken
- Academic CV
- Cover letter outlining your research interests in general
- Title of the project(s) you are applying for
- Personal statement
- Contact details of two academic referees
Candidates are advised to go through and meet the university’s requirement.
Candidates must be proficient in English and meet the university’s requirement for language.
The motive of this studentship is to award £110,000, including £25,000 towards the research project (travel, consumables, equipment, etc.), tuition fees, and an annual, tax-free stipend of approximately £16,500 per year.