Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) is a world-class Institute offers its PhD scholarship program Which is open to applicants of Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Myanmar, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia, Cambodia and Brunei , to equip with the most recognized, innovative courses and practices within the discipline. Seed Fund for Research and Training (SFRT), 2020 will be awarded to the hardworking, talented and deserving students from the selected country/countries.The Southeast Asian (SEA) region has a number of promising researchers and scientists whose desire to contribute to the region’s development through research and knowledge dissemination initiatives is hindered by lack of funds. This situation serves as a barrier to translating promising research and training into scientific outputs that could be applied to promote development.
Why SEARCA PhD Research Scholarship?
This educational award welcomes students to get themselves enroll in listed PhD program for the academic year of 2020-2021 and earn a Partial Funding, up to $15,000 scholarship in Sweden . Seed Fund for Research and Training (SFRT), 2020 is sponsored by Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) for those who wish to contribute to region’s development through research and development. It provides enough funds for the candidates to carry out their research in the field of agriculture.
The SEARCA PhD Research Scholarship provides financial support to a limited number of qualified PhD students whose researches are relevant to the priority thrusts of SEARCA. This scholarship program aims to:
- Provide PhD students the opportunity to use the resources and facilities available at SEARCA and its network of universities for their research;
- Produce quality research papers for publication; and
- Enable them to work with SEARCA’s R&D personnel on mutually identified areas of concerns/interests in agriculture and rural development.
The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture was established on 27 November 1966. It is one of the oldest among 24 specialist institutions of the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization
Eligibility Criteria for SEARCA PhD Research Scholarship:
- Applicants of Seed Fund for Research and Training (SFRT), 2020 should be Southeast Asian nationals.
- Applicants should have completed a four-year degree program
- Applicants should be in need of funds.
- Priority for applicants of Seed Fund for Research and Training (SFRT), 2018 is as follows:
- SEARCA Graduate Scholarship Alumni
- Faculty and Staff of members of the University Consortium
- Faculty and staff of universities under SEARCA’s Institutional Development Assistance Program
Southeast Asian nationals outside of the above-mentioned SEARCA network who are regular employees of development organizations, academic institutions, and government agencies of any of the SEA countries
SEARCA Research Topics:
The topic of the applicant’s PhD research must be aligned with SEARCA’s
Agricultural and Rural Development (ISARD) towards food security and poverty alleviation in Southeast Asia
- academic documents to date
- format requirements samples
The free education will cover stipend, tuition, international and domestic travel allowance, thesis/dissertation support, book allowance, and health insurance.
All applications should be received by SEARCA not later than10 August of every year.