Want to study in the USA? Or have dreams to achieve financial assistance? You are much closer to your dreams. The Korean American Scholarship Foundation has opened its gates for achieving Korean American students and international students from Korea to avail Korean American scholarship in the US.
The scholarship is available to full-time undergraduate, graduate and high-school students.
What is the Korean American Scholarship Foundation?
The Korean American Scholarship Foundation is a not-for-profit and volunteer-operated organization by voluntary Board of Directors and supporters. The main focus of the foundation is to promote community services.
Eligibility Criteria for the Korean American Scholarship Foundation – Korean American Scholarship in the USA, 2020-2021
In order to be eligible, candidates have to meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be enrolled as a full-time student in the U.S at the time of applications
- Descendants of American veterans served during the Korean War are also eligible to apply
- Candidates belonging to Korean heritage and studying in the USA regardless of citizenship status, including Korean Nationals, are eligible. If additional funds are available to offer, non-Korean candidates may qualify for specific grants.
Procedure to Apply for the Korean American Scholarship Foundation – Korean American Scholarship in the USA, 2020-2021
Applicants are required to apply to the region of their school. It is mandatory to go through and follow the rules of the region.
The KASF is in seven different regions; hence, every region will proceed with the applicant separately (1. Eastern Regional Chapter, 2.Midwestern Regional Chapter, 3.Mountain States Regional Chapter, 4.Northeastern Regional Chapter, 5.Southern Regional Chapter, 6.Southwestern Regional Chapter, and 7. Western Regional Chapter).
- Community service/extracurricular activities certificates
Students must maintain a minimum GPA score of 3.0. The evaluations will be based on financial need and academic accomplishments.
The scholarship has awards worth $500 to $5,000. This program will fund:
- High school students based on exceptional talents
- College and Graduate school
- Professional schools (Law, Medical, etc.)
- Descendants of Korean War American Veterans that are available only in specific regions